To do the good thing for the environment and make it easier to get to Coromandel Gold there will be buses circulating from Coromandel Gold to local beaches, Waterways Camp, Mercury Bay Area School and the Whitianga Wharf.
- Buses from Whitianga Wharf and Mercury Bay Area School are FREE
- If you want to catch a ride on the Whiti buses all you need to do is turn up with the right attitude and no alcohol.
- There will be an alcohol ban in Whitianga and we can't let you on the bus with any booze so avoid the hassle and ditch it before you get into town
|3:00pm - 9:00pm||Departing town for Coro Gold every 15 minutes|
|9:00pm - 11:30pm||Buses will be leaving every 45 minutes|
|11:30pm - 1:30am||Return trips back to town every 5 minutes|
New Year's Eve
|1:30pm - 9:00pm||Departing town for Coro Gold every 15 minutes|
|9:00pm - 12:00am||Buses will be leaving every 45 minutes|
|12:00am - 3:00am||Return trips back to town every 5 minutes|
Waterways Camp Buses
- All buses from Waterways for campers are FREE
- If you want to hook up a ride on the Waterways Camp buses all you need to do is turn up with the right attitude and no alcohol.
- There will be an alcohol ban in Whitianga and we can't let you on the bus with it so avoid the hassle and ditch it before you get to the bus
|3:00pm - 7:00pm||Departing Waterways for Coro Gold every 15 minutes|
|7:00pm - 11:30pm||Buses will be leaving every 45 minutes|
|11:30pm - 1:30am||Return trips back to Waterways every 5 minutes|
New Year's Eve
|1:30pm - 7:00pm||Departing Waterways for Coro Gold every 15 minutes|
|7:00pm - 12:00am||Buses will be leaving every 45 minutes|
|12:00am - 3:00am||Return trips back to Waterways every 5 minutes|
Tickets for this years buses are on sale now. Buses will be operating on Dec 30th and New Year's Eve from the following beaches. To purchase a bus ticket after August 20th just click on the beach you want from the following list.
Unfortunately we don't run buses from Tairua, Coromandel town or other locations if they are not listed above. Bus tickets from local beaches are limited so if you want a bus ride please get it sorted sooner rather than later
Thanks to Eventfinder there is No booking fee for bus tickets and all prices are for single day return tickets
Local Beach Buses - Important Info
- All buses will leave on time so please make sure you are at your pick up point at least 15 minutes before your bus is due to depart. This will help to get everybody on the bus, sorted and ready to go
- Please present your ticket to the bus driver or Coromandel Gold staff member
- Tickets are only valid for your location and time. Tickets are NOT transferable
- There are no cash sales for bus tickets on the day - no ticket no bus ride sorry!
- There will be an alcohol ban at all beaches and on the buses so please avoid the hassle and ditch it before you get to your bus
- Dec 30th - all buses will start return trips back to all beaches from 11.30pm. These buses will run through until 1.30am
- New Year's Eve - all buses will start return trips back to all beaches from Midnight and will run through until 3:00am
Hahei and Hot Water Beach Buses
- All Hahei and Hot Water buses go direct to Coromandel Gold (not via the ferry)
- This trip time will be a little bit longer but you don’t need to pay or wait for the ferry
Cooks Beach Buses
- Cooks Beach buses will drop you off at Ferry Landing. You will then need to cross over to Whitianga on the Ferry where a Coromandel Gold bus will pick you up and take you to Coro Gold
- There will be a late service on both nights to get you all home
- Please Note* your bus fare DOES NOT include the $4 cost of a return ticket on the Ferry. You will need to pay this when you get on the ferry
Rideshare to Coromandel Gold with Jayride
If you are driving to Coro Gold then share your spare seats and pick up other party-goers! Sharing your ride on Jayride is free. You get to travel more enviromentally friendly, split your petrol costs, meet cool randoms and get in the groove before you get to the gig!
Looking for a way to get to Coro Gold? Join a road trip to the gig. Ridesharing with Jayride is an awesome way to meet like-minded music lovers and get there in style.
Or just grab a cab!
- The only taxi company in Whitianga offering door to door service
- Available from 7am to 2am or later
- Covering Whitianga and all outer beach areas
- All bookings welcome
- Call 07-866 4777